Saturday, January 11, 2014

Beauty Behind The Storm

So, I have ten rolls of film I never got around to developing before. So a couple hours ago I go upstairs to load a couple rolls onto spools so I won't have to when I decide to process them.  Well, I went this far...

So I says to myself, let's just do it.  Now, mind you, I have never successfully loaded a roll of 135 in my life. Tonight I nailed it. Glad I did. A roll of 120 as well.  TMY-2, T-Max 400, both rolls.  I mix up some chems, the dev was HC110, dil B.  I decide to give N+1 due to the age of the film.  I soup the 120 first. A couple frames of my brother burning stuff at Mom and Dad's and some landscape from Prime Hook, typical stuff for me.

Then I soup the 35mm. I inspect the negs. Only about ten frames. I see it is, again landscapes. But I can't place it. I see the last frame. Bright and blurry in the center. Hmm, that almost has to be running water...

Faith died April 2011. In October that year, I almost talk myself out of going to meet fellow APUGer Lee from Dayton for a photo hike. My brother invites himself along. Now I gotta go. I was having a very bad few days and shortly thereafter is when I decide to put the cameras down.

Yeah, I just processed the Rickett's Glen negs. I can hardly wait to see the beauty that came from a very bad day for me.  I would pull an all nighter right now to print and see the images. That's what the 12 year old in me is screaming for.

Well, sometimes the 44 year old wins.  I'll post some pics when I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment