Saturday, December 7, 2013

Back in the Saddle Again ...

Well, I am finally back at it.

For those of you not familiar with me, my name is Chris.  I live in Delaware.  I have been exposing film for more than a couple decades.  I have been more on the technical side of it for over ten.

I operate my own personal (and currently only temporary) darkroom out of my home.  I process my own film and also make traditional silver prints from the negs via either contact or enlarging.

In April 2011, my wife passed away suddenly and unexpectedly.  I have spent the last two years just getting my children through this time.  We all have our moments but I would like to think that we survived more or less intact.  So, three or four months ago that little voice in the back of my head started yelling "They are OK.  What about me?"  Indeed.

So, I have been doing more things for myself lately and getting back into the things that I love.  And now, I have finally come back around to photography.  I had sold all of my camera gear in a great soul cleansing two years ago.  Fortunately the darkroom gear did not sell so all I need is a good duster for that.  As for camera?

I always hated spooling roll film.  I would always miss one loop, no matter how careful I was.  I would always lose a couple of good exposures, sometimes more.  Sometimes important ones.  So this time I am going to do this right for me.


I am not messing around this time.  I will need a few accessories but that will happen soon.  In the meantime, I still have a backlog in film that needs souping and also a few negs I should print, at the very least to knock the rust off my process.

So, I am back with a vengeance.  I hope to add a great deal to this blog.  And I hope to inspire and encourage you to create.  I will be adding some technical stuff.  Please, feel free to share this blog with who you will.  I do not want followers.  I just want to help.

Thank you.

From Milton, Delaware.  Where the introverts stare through their own viewfinders and the extroverts stare through yours, I'm Chris Walrath and this is my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment