Friday, December 13, 2013

Thoughts on Printing Tomorrow

Well, at work I was digging through a box of things under the counter to show a friend a joke that was played on me a few years ago.

I found the prints I had made of my niece four years ago.  Actually, the first prints I had ever made.  And I see a problem.  Well, maybe not a problem.  The sun was so bright on my niece's hair I began to think of a way to bring that down so that the rest of the print zones would not be so low.

Then the light came on.  No really, I am going to print a general print to see where things are this time around.  Then I believe I might employ a little paper flashing.  Try and bring that highlight right down.  I do not foresee this being a problem.  However, if it flattens the lower zones I might then try to increase developing and see how that turns out.  But I think the pre-exposure should be more than enough.  A little local dodging/burning as required.  Should turn out just nicely.

Kids are gone tomorrow afternoon, evening, night.  Should be the perfect time for a printing marathon.  Everything is ready to go.  Just need to close the door and turn out the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment